Saturday, September 27, 2008

while the cat's away....

(or, Why the Term "Housewife" Could Never be Applied to Me)

Jason is in Wyoming for a "guys weekend" with an old high school buddy and that buddy's old college buddies. What have I been up to while he's been away?

Have I folded the pile of laundry that he did before he left? No, I haven't.

Have I gone to the grocery store (we've been out of milk and eggs for days)? No, I haven't.

Have I cleaned our bedroom, which looks like the residence of that Peanuts character Pig Pen? No, I haven't.

Have I prepared a single meal for my busy and beloved roommates? No, I haven't.


I have, however, eaten Taco Bell in bed, followed by a bowl of popcorn (also in bed), while catching up on a week's worth of missed television shows (DVR is my new favorite thing ever!). Lunch today was also consumed in bed, while watching even more TV... but I'm proud to report that I did eat dinner at the dinner table like an actual human being. Did I mention that dinner was prepared by my brother Kent, after he had spent all day at school? And after dinner he went grocery shopping? And then made me a chocolate milkshake?

I think Kent is the best housewife EVER.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I feel that there aren't enough meals in this society that are eaten in bed. I am proud of you for remedying that injustice.

Anonymous said...

You weren't supposed to tell. Now your mom might catch on to how I am now spend my evenings and weekends. pop

Matt said...

I feel so validated. Thank you.

Matt said...

PS Mommacita here

Anonymous said...

I agree Tawyn, Kent is the best housewife ever!