seventeen cool things that happened in 2007
(in no particular order)
1. Went to Aruba on my honeymoon!
2. Attended my first education conference in New Orleans
3. Saw my brother Brad while in New Orleans
4. Increased my teaching load from 25% of full time to 62% of full time.
5. Discovered a whole network of family blogging... cousins, aunts, uncles, siblings... wonderful!
6. Spent a weekend in Chicago with Jason for a friend's wedding
7. Made it through my first year of teaching!
8. Paid off 2 credit cards.
9. Spent many fun evenings with Jason's cousins (especially during the high school football season... go rebels!!!), and parents and aunts and uncles and grandmas.
10. Got to know a bunch of Jason's friends better.
11. Spent a week in Colorado with my family for Christmas
12. Saw Jason's brother and dad married off (not to each other; that would be wierd).
13. Attended a homeownership education workshop (and learned sooooooooooo many things I wish I'd known 5 years ago!)
14. Finally unwrapped the yoga mat Jason's dad gave me for Christmas last year and actually attended a few yoga classes
15. Fell in love with Vermont (then winter came, though... I'm not sure our relationship is yet strong enough to, ahem, weather this....)
16. Met my new nephew Charlie
17. Saw Martin Sexton in concert
three incredibly crappy things that happened in 2007:
1. The end of the Gilmore Girls.
2. Veronica Mars gave up the ghost.
3. Jason voted for Sanjaya. True story.
five movies that rocked my world in 2007:
(I don't think any of them came out in 2007, but that's when I saw them)
1. The Last King of Scotland
2. Notes on a Scandal
3. Shut Up & Sing
4. Little Miss Sunshine
5. We are Marshall
five songs I couldn't get enough of in 2007:
1. "(You Want to) Make a Memory" by Bon Jovi
2. "Everything" by Michael Buble
3. "The Story" by Brandi Carlile
4. "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson
5. "Bubbly" by Colbie Caillat
1 year ago
4 comments:
I thought you would have rated my voting for Sanjaya as the 18th cool thing that happened in 2007. For the record, I voted for Sanjaya two weeks in a row.
Jason
Oh Taryn, I love your lists. They made me smile and want to hug you. Instead, I will recycle some trash and hug a tree and pretend that it is you (isn't that what people in Vermont do?) Beth.
Haha. That is exactly what we do in Vermont! Don't forget to compost all your kitchen scraps and eat some venison (that you hunted yourself) for dinner, too! Or maybe some moose. Then it will be just like you're here! Love you, Beth!
I doubt it will "rock your world" but if you haven't yet seen "Across the Universe" I think you might like it. It's a movie musical with all Beatles music. I saw it with Randy and his sister Glenda who both grew up in the 60s and they loved it.
Post a Comment