The pre-celiac me was neither resourceful nor creative in the kitchen. I had a few go-to recipes that I liked to make... or more accurately, that I liked to eat and was willing to make, and I rarely strayed from those faithful standbys. I followed the recipes exactly, and was resistant to any altering of those recipes. Jason, on the other hand, is a magnificently creative cook and rarely makes the same thing twice. He is always tinkering with recipes and he almost always knocks it out of the park.
Since Crosby was born, I've felt compelled to be more domestic (it's amazing how being forced to lay around for six straight weeks will inspire even the laziest of women to actually want to cook and clean), and both a tightened budget and my new Celiac-inspired dietary restrictions have forced me to get a bit more creative in the kitchen.
Thank goodness for the internet. Here, a sampling of some recipes I have tried and loved in the last few months:
Baked kale chips
Quinoa black bean burgers (sans buns)
GF Blueberry crisp
Coconut-milk ice cream
GF Southern cornbread
Quinoa tabouli
Butternut squash soup
GF layer bars
GF waffles
Sausage and egg casserole (sans cheese, with GF bread and almond milk)
Mashed un-potatoes (from Living Without magazine; can't find a link, but it's a delicious blend of steamed cauliflower and parsnips)
Bon appetit!
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment