I've felt a little uneasy ever since I hit the "publish" button on yesterday's blog post. I'm uneasy because I wrote about the power of prayer to cause miracles, and I know that many people pray for many things and that things don't always turn out the way we hope. I know that really bad things happen to really good people, and I don't mean to imply that those bad things happened because those people didn't pray hard enough for a better outcome.
When it comes to babies, I'm sure we all know people who have suffered (or been the ones to suffer ourselves) through infertility, and miscarriages, and even the loss of a child. I cannot make sense of any of that. I don't know how to reconcile that kind of pain with what I wrote yesterday about miracles. I do believe that miracles exist, but I cannot begin to understand why the miracle we prayed for happened, yet the parents who pray just as hard for the same miracle are left with heartbreak and devastation. If you are one of those parents, I am truly, deeply sorry for your loss. Please forgive me if my words yesterday upset or offended you.
1 year ago
1 comment:
BOTH of your messages/blog posts brought tears to my eyes Taryn. I'm so glad to read the fuller story of the miracle of Crosby's entrance into this world, and sad that you have worried at all about offending anyone with your story. Your intentions were honorable and you cannot be responsible for how anyone else receives what you write. Karen Grace
Post a Comment